1.12.2010

WHITE TRUFFLE

Already in the eighteenth century the Piedmontese Truffle was estimated and consumed in the noble European cuisines. Between its great admirers the Rossini composer that defined it the "Mozart mushrooms". The most precious is certainly that collects between the hills of Alba and Asti.
"Only in the 1900s this white truffle become world-famous, thanks to the brilliant work of promoting held by Matteo Morra ("Maté Mura") and Giacomo Morra. They were owner of hotel and restaurateur  from Alba rightly "crowned" King of the truffles already in 1933 from the Times of London." Traslated from wikipedia


It seems that the King of France also used the white truffle of Alba to replace the garlic in court banquets.

Every year the city of Alba becames the "capital" of the annual market where traders of truffles meet the "trifolao" that collect this valuable typical product of the Piedmontese ground. For more information http://www.fieradeltartufo.org/it/Default.asp.



The white Alba truffle is one of the protagonists in the Piedmontese kitchen and gives unmistakable  fragrances and  flavor  to simpler dishes such as for example the egg to the pole or Tajarin "in bianco".

Italy Piedmont, recipes

4 comments:

  1. Beautifull blog, mi piace molto il Piemonte e la sua cucina.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This blog loοks exactly lіke my old onе!
    It's on a completely different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

    Check out my site certifiedlocalswingers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I savоur, leаd tο I dіsсovered just whаt I used
    to be taking a look for. Υou've ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

    Also visit my blog post :: MintedPoker Bonus

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eveгy time spent my half an hοur to read this weblog's content every day along with a cup of coffee.

    my webpage - ClickSite ()

    ReplyDelete